Saturday 8 August 2009

Pardon?

Behind me in the queue at Netto, I heard a voice...

"Oh come on, some of us have got things to do."

I assumed he was referring to the woman in front of me, who was having some kind of issue with her receipt.

Then another voice chipped in:

"It's not my fault, it's that Kevin, he's always doing it."

OK... so it's nothing to do with the woman in front. It's two people having a conversation with each other.

The conversation continued - the first guy complaining about various stuff, the second guy making various justifications.

After I'd packed my bags and was leaving anyway, it was easier to turn round and look at them both. By now I was intrigued.

They were both on mobile phones. They weren't talking to the woman in front. They weren't even talking to each other.

Doh.

3 comments:

Clair said...

Hehehehe...

Queenie said...

There's a short story in that.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

That's very funny. Strange how assume two voices are talking to each other: that's near an oddity these days!